For these exercises, we’re only going to use IRB.
Remember: To run IRB, open a command line window (Powershell or Terminal). Then enter the command
irb and press Enter.
To exit a running IRB, enter the command
- What is a String? Try to explain it to yourself or another participant in your own words.
- How do you recognize a String?
- How long is the following String?
"I really think I am getting the hang of Ruby now."
- Turn around the following String:
"I like these exercises."
- Does the following String include the letter “m”?
"Come on, let’s all learn Ruby!"
- The whole String in capital letters, please!
"I am learning Ruby."
- The whole String in small letters, please!
"Let’s code RUBY!"
- Capitalize the following String, please!
"ruby monstas for the win!"